NOTE: 2 Generally in any area concepts are two types one is global concepts another is local concepts
1) Why are you looking for a change?
2) Why you chose Software testing as a Career?
3) What type of coordination do you expect from your collogues?
4) Are you interested to take new responsibilities if required?
5) Do you know about our Company?
6) Why are you staying with one company for a long time?
7) Are you willing to relocate?
8) Are you willing to work on shifts?
9) Which roles do you like, Leader or follower, why?
10) What are you expecting from our company?
11) Why do you like this job?
12) What are your strengths?
13) What is your weakness?
B) Environmental, Development Technologies
1) In Microsoft Windows, how many types of Operating systems are there, what are they, and give examples?
2) What is the difference between UNIX and LINUX?
3) What is the difference between Web Server and Application Server?
4) Differentiate Intranet, Internet and Extranet Applications?
5) Give brief description about the .Net Technology?
6) Can we operate a windows based application on UNIX Environment, Explain it?
7) Give brief description about the Java Technology?
8) What is the Main Purpose of XML in the Web?
9) What are the difference between General Programming Languages (C, C++, Java, and VC++ etc.) and Scripting Languages (VB script, Java script and Perl Script etc.) ?
10) Give definitions for the Master Data, Metadata and Runtime Data?
11) Explain about the IP Address and the MAC Address?
12) What are the major advantages in Web Applications than Client/Server Applications?
13) Give brief description about J2EE?
14) What is IIS, give explanation?
15) What is the Configuration Management?
16) Do you know about embedded systems, give brief explanation?
17) Can we have 3 tier applications with out having web Technology?
18) What does the Build Deployment mean?
1) What are the different phases in SDLC?
2) Give brief description about the Agile Development Model?
3) What are the differences between Waterfall Model and V model?
4) How can we choose a Life Cycle Model for a Project?
5) What is the major Difference between ISO, IEEE standards and CMMI Levels?
6) What is the relation between CMM and Life Cycle Model?
7) What is the difference between Verification and Validation?
8) What is Software Quality?
9) Differentiate QA and QC what types of documents would you need for QA, QC and Testing?
10) What is the Difference between QA and Testing?
1) What is the difference between Inspection and Informal Review?
2) What is peer review, give an example?
3) What is Exhaustive Testing?
4) How metrics improve the quality of a Product?
5) Where do you get your expected results?
6) What is the difference between Static and Dynamic Testing?
7) What is exploratory Testing?
8) Define Test Strategy and Test Plan?
9) What is an equivalence class? Why it is important while writing Test Cases?
10) What is boundary value analysis give an example for it?
11) What is the difference between function and Procedure?
12) What is a bug? What types of bugs do you know? What should be done after a bug found?
13) How can it be known when to stop testing?
14) What is the difference between build version and Software Version?
15) What if the application has functionality that wasn’t in the Requirements?
16) What is different between Black Box and White Box Testing?
17) What are Test Scenario, Test Case and Use Case?
18) What is the Initial stage of testing?
19) When is good time for system testing?
20) What is the purpose of the testing?
21) What is logic?
22) What is a variable?
23) What is your base for your test cases?
24) What is the difference between priority and severity in a defect Report?
25) Describe the phases of Testing?
26) What is the difference between Test Driver and Test Stub?
27) Did you work with Use Cases?
28) Did you use any tools to write Test Cases?
29) What document did you refer to write the Test Cases?
1) What test Cases can be Automated?
2) What Test Cases Can't be Automated?
3) What are the Important Factors in a Tool selection?
4) Explain the Testing Process in QTP?
5) Explain Obout Object Identification Configuration in QTP?
6) What is Automation?
7) What is parameterization?
8) What is Synchronization?
9) In QuickTest Pro can we insert Checkpoints programmatically? How?
10) How to connect to application database?
11) In how many ways can we prepare automated tests (Scripts) in QTP?
12) What are the major differences between Functions and Actions in QTP? What advantages there in Functions than Actions?
13) How can we create and use functions in QTP?
14) What is descriptive programming? What is it's advantage?
15) Differentiate Conditional Statements and Loop statements in the VB Script?
16) Differentiate methods and Classes in the VB Script?
17) What is Recovery Scenario? In QTP how many types of recovery scenarios are there, what are they?
18) What is Automation Object Model?
19) What is Windows Script Host?
20) What is your company’s automation framework explain it?
21) What automation framework did you follow for your last project?
16) How to add verification steps to tests?
17) How to parameterize tests?
18) What is the Object Repository?
1) Tell me about your Current Project? / Explain about your Current Project?
2) What are your responsibilities in your current Project?
3) How many Test Cases did you write for this project?
4) How many Defects did you detect in your project?
5) Write 2 or 3 Test Cases from your Project?
6) To whom do you report in your Company?
7) What is your company Testing process?
8) What is the latest defect that you raised in your project?
9) What will you do that your defect is rejected?
10) What risks did you face in your project? How you solved them?
11) Differentiate Priority and Severity in your Defect Report?
12) What is the Bug Life Cycle Process in your Company’s Defect Management System?
13) How will you report daily/weekly status in your Organization?
14) What are metrics? In your projects what metrics did you collect?
15) What is your Company automation framework, explain it?
16) What are your capabilities in test automation?
17) Generally, when will you plan for test automation for a project in your company?
18) When should testing start in a project? Why?